An important message from Mayda Antun, M.D., Chief Medical Officer
I hope this letter finds you well and safe. My name is Dr. Mayda Antun and I am the Chief Medical Officer for IMC Health. I want you to know that as your medical provider and trusted partner of your health plan, we are actively working to ensure we continue to uphold the highest level of care, in the safest environment possible. Here at IMC Health, our focus is on seniors and seniors fall into one of the highest risk groups for contracting the Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. This virus is especially dangerous for seniors who have diabetes, heart, lung and chronic kidney diseases or compromised immune systems. Our top priority is the health, safety and well-being of our patients. We specialize in keeping seniors healthy and out of the hospital. IMC Health is prepared to provide quality patient care for all patients and has instituted strict clinical protocols in keeping with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), to optimize care and reduce the risk and potential for infection, while continuing to deliver excellent quality of care to our patients.
IMC Health is here for you and we want you to know that we will remain open to best serve you. These are the additional steps we are taking to ensure your health and well-being:
• We have created a special hotline available for patients 24/7 to call if they are concerned or are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
IMC Health patients can call 786-254-0544 where you will be connected to one of our healthcare professionals. They will be able to best guide you as to the next steps to take.
• To ensure your safety, we are moving routine appointments to telephonic appointments. Patients who truly need to see their doctor will continue to be treated in our centers. You should be receiving phones calls 48-72 hours in advance of any appointment to confirm the time and type of appointment (telephonic or in-person visit).
• All IMC Health patients will be receiving a call from the company’s member care department to assess your immediate needs and concerns. In addition, for those patients who need a daily meal delivery service, we can facilitate that for you.
• We have also implemented protocols for transportation. All our drivers are wearing masks and every van is deep cleaned at the end of the day.
In addition, please feel free to check the CDC website, https://www.cdc.gov/ for more information about the spread and prevention of COVID-19. Our healthcare professionals can also provide written guidance on how to manage symptoms, disinfect your home and help care for someone who is sick.
IMC Health continues to prioritize patient care and your well-being during this crisis. Your health and safety are our number one concern. Please make sure you follow our social media accounts on Facebook (IMC Health) and Instagram (@imchealthmc) as information is being updated and shared daily. If you have concerns about any family, friends or neighbors, please let them know that IMC Health is here to serve them too.
Thank you for trusting IMC Health as your preferred medical provider.
Mayda Antun, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
Information from the CDC regarding Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine for the Treatment of COVID-19
IMC Health’s clinicians follow the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for the treatment of patients with COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The care of patients with COVID-19 is centered on improving the patient’s symptoms and preventing further spread of the virus.
At the present time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved drugs specifically for the treatment of patients with COVID-19 who are not hospitalized. Around the globe, physicians and scientists are conducting studies with investigational drugs and drugs that are approved for other diseases. There is no current information available to guide the use, dose or duration of treatment with hydroxychloroquine for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.
Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are approved for the treatment of malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. When these medications are prescribed to patients that may not benefit from them, then persons with chronic conditions are not able to get the medicine they need.
The physicians and advanced practice registered nurses at IMC Health are available 24 hours/ day, seven days a week to assist you. Your primary care provider (PCP) will discuss your possible COVID-19 symptoms with you on the phone and arrange for an appointment with a clinician at one of our testing sites for a physical evaluation.
At IMC Health, we believe that no matter your age, you have a lifetime of dreams and memories left to make with those you love. Our mission is to help you achieve and maintain your best health so you can make those dreams and memories come true.
IMC Health serves as the comprehensive patient centered medical home for your family, with access to treatments for routine medical issues, support for ongoing complex and chronic health conditions, and preventative programs to help patients stay healthy. IMC Health has convenient locations in Miami-Dade, Broward and Orange Counties where we serve Medicare Advantage, Medicare Medicaid Dual–Eligible, Medicaid, Florida Healthy Kids ACA Exchange plans and Commercial insurance patients.
Let our IMC Health family care for yours. Learn more about our accomplished care team, our state-of-the-art facilities and our high-quality services. Please call us today to find out how to make IMC Health your patient centered medical home: (305) 558-9855.
The IMC Health Team is here to serve you with
- 24-Hour / 7-Day a Week access to a clinical professional
- Complimentary transportation to and from appointments and other services
- English, Spanish, French, Haitian Creole and Patois speaking Physicians and Staff
- Walk-in visits and same day appointments
- Primary Care
- Women's Wellness Services
- A variety of Specialist services
- Lab Testing/Collection Services
- Vision Services
- Massage Therapy
- X-Ray and Ultrasound
IMC Health offers Complimentary Transportation for patients to and from
- Primary Care Appointments
- Specialist Appointments
- Ancillary and Diagnostic Appointments
- Ambulatory Facility Appointments