The Medical assistant will support the Physician at the medical center in the delivery of high-quality medical care.
Position Hours: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-visit planning 48 hours in anticipation of patient visit to ensure a meaningful, high quality experience
- Ensures that all vital signs are entered into the patient record in preparation for the visit with the PCP and alerts the PCP with any abnormalities or patient comments that need to be addressed
- Performs medication reconciliation on the day of the patient visit including over the counter medications and allergies
- Assist the primary care provider with the completion of Health Risk Assessments.
- Ensure that all patient rooms are clean, organized and that any instrument needed for a particular visit is available for the PCP and or Specialist
- Review all recommendations that the PCP has entered into the patient record and ensure that the patient has clear understanding of all instructions prior to leaving the office and the importance of compliance with all recommended medications
- Review at the end of each day with the PCP, all patients that did not come for their established appointments to see the reason for the appointment and reschedule the appointment accordingly
- Serve as an advocate to ensure patient compliance with preventive screenings and immunizations
- Comply with HIPPA requirements for patient confidentiality
- Ensure that all calls from patients and physicians are addressed daily by the PCP
- Ensure that all patients have an outstanding patient experience and that all their medical needs have been met
- Comply with regular attendance and hours of operations policy.
- Work in collaboration with the PCP on high risk patients and other patients identified as needing additional support
- Perform phlebotomy when assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- High Diploma or equivalent required
- Active, unrestricted Medical Assistant Certification from the State of Florida required
- Basic CPR certificate for both adults and children required
- Minimum of 2 years as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a geriatric clinical setting preferred
- Experience in executing treatments within scope of practice
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be proficient be proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge with computers, scanners, etc.
- Must have the ability to learn and practice office procedures, policies and protocols
- Required to have a command of the English and Spanish language and be proficient with grammar, spelling and verbal skills to communicate with patients, providers and staff in written and oral communication
Bilingual English/Spanish required