Provide high quality medical care for patients with acute and chronic medical conditions in accordance with evidence-based medicine.
- Evaluate and establish plans of care for all patients following evidence-based medicine, to provide high quality of care and the practice of cost-effective care.
- Practice accuracy of medical record documentation to reflect the reason for the patient visit, history of the present illness, review of symptoms, physical exam and a plan of treatment for each condition.
- Review and sign all consultation reports and diagnostic tests and implement the appropriate plan of care.
- Document all patient evaluations, treatments, medications and transactions in support of services rendered and according to company policies and procedures.
- Complete and electronically sign all progress notes daily.
- Prevent diseases and complications of diseases by providing patient education concerning diet, appropriate disease preventive screenings and lifestyle modification, including good hygiene practices and exercise.
- Prescribe, administer and dispense medications in accordance with State and Federal Statutes.
- Supervise and assist in the education of Medical Assistants to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Collaborate with other physicians and clinical staff to form a high performing medical team, including participation in team conferences.
- Maintain effective communication with the Utilization Management Department and ensure that medical documentation supports the resources being requested for each patient.
- Maintain a collaborative and effective relationship with the medical center staff.
- Attend all medical staff meetings.
- Remain up to date with the developments and best practices in medicine through reviews of medical literature and continuing medical education.
- Comply with HIPAA requirements for patient confidentiality.
- Cultivate an environment of compassion, respect and service for patients.
- Promptly return calls from patients and physicians.
- Maintain CAQH profile updated in accordance with CAQH requirements.
- Must hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Must be U.S. trained in either Internal Medicine or Family Medicine or be Board Eligible or Board Certified in these specialties and maintain certification.
- Must have an active and unencumbered Florida Medical License.
- Must have a valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number
- Two or more years’ practice experience, preferably in an outpatient private or group practice.
- Willingness to register as a Dispensing Practitioner.
- Active Medicare and Medicaid provider numbers.
- Knowledge of HEDIS and quality indicators.
- Knowledge of appropriate documentation and coding for Medicare Risk Adjustment (MRA).
- Experience in managing complex geriatric patients.
- EMR experience.
- Able to speak, read and write English fluently, and speak Spanish fluently.
Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to:
- Competitive Wages PLUS Bonus Incentives
- Malpractice insurance sponsored by company
- Medical insurance sponsored by company
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K matching plan
- Paid Holiday and Vacation days
- 40 hours paid by company annually to use towards CME hours
- Short term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm work schedule
NO WEEKENDS - NO HOLIDAYS