The Bi-Lingual Patient Engagement Representative is responsible for receiving and screening in-bound English and Spanish calls to determine caller’s need/s and resolve/s or re-direct/s requests/concerns if appropriate.
POSITION LOCATION: 15105 NW 77th Ave, Miami Lakes, FL. 33014
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles in a professional, courteous and timely manner inbound and outbound calls.
- Assist patients by scheduling, canceling and/or confirming medical provider appointments and Transportation (if applicable). Scheduling of appointment must be in accordance of established Provider Scheduling rules.
- Attentively listens and screens calls to identify caller’s needs and provides guided assistance as needed, re-directs caller (if appropriate) to respective team (s)/Queue (s).
- Addresses callers needs which may include resolving issues and educating caller. Representative escalates unresolved issues to respective Management team.
- Representative works within defined parameters which defines work expectations.
- Multi-tasks which includes the use of multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- Updates required Patient Profile fields when necessary via appropriate Enrollment Change form.
- Meets established Departmental Metrics (Qualitative and Quantitative).
- Takes messages for Providers and/or respective Medical Center personnel and documents message/Callers request via Task function in Nextgen and/or e-mail.
- Ensure respective voicemail messages are reviewed by 12:00 noon and end of day and addressed.
- Participate in Staff and Educational Meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one-year experience in a healthcare/medical office or health care Call Center required to include scheduling of medical appointments.
- Previous experience in a Healthcare customer/patient service role.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, and customer service skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, data entry, knowledge of computer applications, scanning, faxing etc.
- Ability to work in a Metrics environment and Telephone Queue Monitoring System.
Must speak English and Spanish